My Pursuit of a CFA Charter
Sunday, October 22, 2006
  A long Sunday
Last Thursday I ended up having to get my hair cut at 7:30pm. Last time this happened, it didn't really affect anything - but this time, Kurt also had a dentist appointment. We decided that we would not meet at the library.

I tried to study a little before the hair appointment, but I just couldn't get motivated. I decided to bring my book and read as I got snipped (as I did last time).

I think there was a fan on in the salon because my hair was flying all over the place. It was piling up in my book - so alas, I decided just to kick back, drink some tea, and relax as Jackie cut my dwindling locks.

I got home at around 8:30 and tried to study a little more, but unfortunately, I remembered that the Mets and Cardinals were playing game 7 of the NLCS - so I got distracted for the rest of the night.

So officially, I really didn't study on Thursday. Oh, and Friday was my day off, so I didn't study on that day either.

On Saturday, I had to decided between catching up on some work related stuff, or study. I said to myself, "Eh.. Make it a nice three-day vacation from studying. Come on! You're not a machine!".

So I didn't study on Saturday.

I woke up this morning determined to kick some ass. I started studying at 9:15am and finished at 4:00pm. I even turned off my computer monitors so the temptation of the Internet and email were diminished. I didn't look at the reading schedule - instead, I just read. Of course, I ended up screwed around for about 1:15 during the day (temptation was diminished, not removed), so I put in a SOLID 5.5 hours of studying.

I got finished with The Supply of and Demand for Productive Resources, which is all the material up to and including 10/28/2006. This puts me four full days ahead of schedule. It also only leaves two more days of reading!

..but

I have to do 31 employee peer reviews by Friday the 27th! This is going to take a lot of time. So here is my plan:
  1. Do some of the reviews tonight.
  2. I have a Dentist appointment tomorrow at 1:30pm. After the Dentist I am going to go home and work on reviews.
  3. I then have class on Tuesday night. I am going to try to do some reviews during the day.
  4. I plan on finishing the peer reviews by the time I go to bed on Wed.
  5. Study on Thursday
  6. Study on Friday and finish the readings!

The only problem is that I think the reviews may take longer... I may have to forego studying until next Saturday - which blows.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home