My Pursuit of a CFA Charter
Sunday, November 19, 2006
  < 2 weeks until the test
It has been a while since I posted. I was on vacation in San Diego from the 10th until early the 18th.

I didn't study much on Nov 7, 8, 9 (well actually on the 7th I did do several sample exam questions). Primarily I was working on some work related junk and also getting prepared for my trip.

I changed my strategy, for now, on taking the practice tests. Instead of blazing through the tests, I have been answering each question then looking up the answer to see if I got it correct. If I didn't, I would study the explanation and/or do some further investigating in the notes. Since a single practice test is supposed to take 3 hours, I would guess that it takes me about 5 hours to painstakingly go through all the questions.

Here is my current list of sources for practice exams:
So I am going to continue to go slowly through Book 6. Then I am going to do the quick testing (45 secs per question, then 1.5hrs to finish unanswered question, for a total of < 3hrs) for the remainder of the practice tests.

Ok, back to the vacation (which I had planned BEFORE deciding to take the CFA exam)... The flight left early on Nov 10. We were in the air for roughly 5 hours and I was able to study for about 3.5 hours. The return flight was quicker and I probably studied for a total of 3 hours.

During the vacation, I would wake up pretty early (becuase I am used to the east coast time). So for the 7 mornings I was there, I studied during about 4 of them - waking up at about 7:00-8:00am and doing practice questions till about 10:30-11:00am.

Alli and I got home at around 2:00am Saturday night and went to bed at 3:30am. I didn't wake up till about noon yesterday. I was pretty beat so I didn't study - we just watched TV and movies. Today, was my first real full day back from San Diego. I started to practice tests at about 11:30 and ended at 6:30pm for a total 7 hours.

I assume that Kurt, Craig and I will be going to the library tomorrow - but I don't know for sure. I havn't talked to them for over a week.

BTW, my scores on the tests are now in the high eighties (then again, I am taking my time answering the questions). I feel that I starting to really understand most of this stuff.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home