My Pursuit of a CFA Charter
Saturday, February 10, 2007
  Results are in.
It has been a long time since I posted... I kinda needed a break from it all.

The test was given in two sessions. After the first session I was pretty confident that I tested well. After the second session, I was really bummed! It was very difficult. In fact, they asked some questions that I never even saw a hint of in the practice exams (and I probably did nearly 1,000 practice exam questions).

Alli met Kurt, Craig and me out for drinks. I wasn't very happy. I couldn't believe I studied all that time and now risk failing the test. I was disappointed in myself and pissed off at some of the questions they asked. I put my odds at about 40% passing and 60% failing.

Anyway, the results are finally in and... I Passed!

I found out by logging into the CFA Institute web site while I as at work. I felt so relieved and all the guys I work with congratulated me.

Here is the breakdown of my results (as reported by the CFA Institute).

TopicMax Pts<=50%51%-70%>70%
Alternative Assets12-*-
Derivatives12--*
Economics24-*-
Equity Analysis24--*
Ethical & Professional Stnds.36--*
Financial Statement Analysis68--*
Fixed Income Analysis24--*
General Portfolio Management12--*
Quantitative Analysis28--*


They basically tell you if you passed or failed (they do not give you your overall score). It seems I could use some work on Alternative Assets and Economics. Fortunately, they were not big components of the test.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home